Producing a book, journal, newsletter or other publication is easy with Jeremy Mills Publishing. Our specialist project management service ensures that each project goes smoothly and still meets your expectations – you need not have any experience in the publishing sector. Whether you are considering outsourcing project management work for your organisation, or simply require support managing a publishing project or publication, we may be able to help.
Jeremy Mills Publishing has extensive experience of managing small and large publishing projects and with in-house editorial and graphic design teams, is able to oversee projects from the very first idea or design until the final, printed copies are delivered. We even work with publications after they have been published, by marketing books (published by Jeremy Mills Publishing or otherwise) and working on the distribution of journals, newsletters and magazines. Projects we manage, for public sector bodies, societies, organisations and individuals include:
- art exhibition catalogues
- conference proceedings
Each publishing project is assigned an experienced project manager who works with clients throughout the entire publishing process and ensures that the expectations of the client are met fully. We manage:
- the schedule for the project, ensuring that everything is running on time
- the budget of the project, ensuring that costs are properly managed
- the quality of the project, to ensure that it is as high as possible
- the editorial and design work involved for the publication, making sure it is correct and of a high quality
- the printing and binding of publications, checking proofs and ensuring that titles are printed to a very high standard
Customer service is a large part of our project management work, as we work to ensure that the client is happy with the progress of the project at every stage of the work, and that our services meet the client’s requirements. This involves work such as sending the client sample book cover designs to choose from, or checking the colour of the cloth a book is bound in to ensure that it matches the colour the client has asked for. The service also involves the following:
- providing prices
- assisting with copyright legislation and publishing rights
- giving advice on final costs
- giving advice on sales and marketing issues after publication
Indeed, our budget management means that many of our clients save considerable costs, particularly as we are able to negotiate lower prices through specialist suppliers.
If you would like to find out more about our project management services, please feel free to contact us by telephone (01484 463340) or by email. We are very happy to discuss outsourcing your project management work, any forthcoming projects, publications or publishing ideas, give advice and provide quotations for your requirements.
To download more information about project management, click here.